May 17, 2006

Sorry, Didn't Mean to Glance

Rick - As I was walking home from the City Centre the other day, which I fondly refer to as the Shitty Centre, I happened to walk by the spot where local crazies seem to congregate. If you missed my previous post about the psychos of Plymouth, you can read it here.

As I wandered in front of Hein Gericke Power Ranger Costume ...er... Motorcycle Clothing shop, I saw a guy that appeared to be speaking on his mobile phone. I thought perhaps he had a cool Blue Tooth headset, so I glanced at his ears to see it. Only problem was... no headset.

I hurriedly looked away, but was too slow. He'd spotted me looking at him. He glared at me, and as we walked closer to each other, he says loudly, "don't look at us!" Us?!? Was I missing someone? A cursory glance tells me no. Now normally, this kind of weirdness is reserved for special characters in films like Gollum/Smeagol, but not here in Plymouth. It's given out freely to the masses. It's like they sit down and eat a big bowl of Barking Mad Porridge in the morning or something.

I hate this crazy-ass town.

1 comment:

gaZpar said...

Apparently you interrupted a very important conversation between him and him...
:o)