October 20, 2006

I love travelling

I am back to the US!
And what a pain in the ass it was to get here (and not the good kind of pain...).

1) The plane left late in Lisbon.
2) It took ages to pass through the emigration services in Newark.
3) I had to get my luggage because although I was transfering from one flight to another, they don't do that for you now. You have to take your luggage, get past through security again and run to the gate.
4) I got an A on the list of the products I was bringing with me. But that is not a good mark. That means that I had to go the the agriculture services, since I was bringing sun dried fruit... a weapon of mass destruction nowadays.
5) After all this, although the company with wich I was travelling next was informed that I was in transit, they just left without me...
6) I was offered a stay in a Hotel near the airport with dinner and breakfast included. These seems nice? Not quite. It seemed more like a Motel than a Hotel.
7) I got the flight at 7.30 am...
8) I am with a huge jet lag after sleeping in Newark (with 5h difference from Lisbon), waking up at 5am and getting to SLC with a 7h difference from Lisbon.

I love travelling...

No comments: